Tuesday, June 10, 2014

RuPaul's Drag Race



First of all, sorry for the long pause-- but it has been a little crazy in the product development world... on that note, shall we begin with the post:

RuPaul's Drag Race!!! There's a million and one reasons to watch this show- but I will just name a few for now. First being RuPaul, THE Queen who I first remember seeing in To Wong Foo when I was a little girl and thinking how absolutely flawless Ru looked! My mom, being out of the box for Kentucky, had this movie and it was one of my favs growing up(the cast did an amazing job-if you haven't seen it WATCH IT NOW).  On RuPaul's Drag Race, RuPaul pulls off every look as if they were cover ready-flawless, effortless, timeless and trademarked.  From the non drag suits that are pulled together with every detail down to the millimeter to the dramatic flowing gowns that seemed as if they would cost thousands of dollars-- look but don't touch-Too Fierce for you!!!
         Second being the Queens that compete. Seriously this season after every episode ended I had laughed so hard that my sides hurt(my favorite lines had to be Adore Delano's "Jesus Knows I can't Sew" and well, just about anything Bianca Del Rio said). I was waiting for Courtney Act and Adore Delano's albums to drop, but most of all, I marveled in the fashion!!!!  Nobody can work it like RuPaul's girls. What I feel like we can't miss in the fashion world is what RuPaul's Drag Race Brings to the table. They are willing to pull out all of the stops that many of us are not, because they are so free with being themselves. For me, coming from a small town in Kentucky where girls are quiet and meek, and don't break any rules including rules of fashion-- It was motivating and uplifting to see each cast member reach into their bag of tricks each week and pull out looks that reflected their styles, moods, and overall realness. They aren't afraid to be themselves in any way and it's a beautiful lesson for us all! So, thank you RuPaul and your amazing girls for showing us all it's okay to be ourselves and to reach to be effortlessly over the top(and if any of you perform in Orlando, I will be there) !!! Until we meet again, let you inner FASHIONISTA FLAG FLY, my friends!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment